Tuesday, March 24, 2015

Camera Cake

Here's my simple version of a camera cake.! First I baked a 9x13 in cake and a 9 in round to form the base. When everything cooled, I cut out two rectangles for the camera body, and used a large circle cutter for the two circles to form the lenses. I crumb coated the camera with icing and used a knife to shape the camera and round the edges. Next, I rolled out black fondant thin and carefully smoothed it over the cake. I iced the base cake "saints" gold and piped a black bead border around the edge of the cake. I also piped several fleurdelis and accented the cake with edible sugar pearls.
Here's Melissa riding a kangaroo- someone is taking that wonderful picture .! With a Heath ledger-esque likeness, she safaris through the Australian outback atop a noble pouncing steed.!

No comments:

Post a Comment