Saturday, September 1, 2012

Under the Sea Cupcakes

I made these under the sea cupcakes for our friend Amy- she loves everything ocean themed, and we were going to meet her new baby for the first time (his middle name is even Ocean!) so this is what I came up with.! First I baked cinnamon roll cupcakes..basically a vanilla cupcake with layers of cinnamon and brown sugar in between. Then I piped streaked blue icing on each cupcake and added blue sprinkles. For the crab and turtle cupcakes, I used ground up graham crackers for the "beach." All of the figures are handcrafted out of gumpaste. For the whale's spout I used the end of pearl stamens used to make flowers and everything. So I ended up with a whale, crab, seahorse mommy, daddy, and two baby boys :), turtle, shark, and purple octopus.!

No comments:

Post a Comment