Thursday, November 19, 2015

Gender Reveal Present Cake

 I was sooo excited to make my first gender reveal cake for my friends.!!! What an awesome fun way to be a part of such a wonderful surprise.! I decided a present with gender neutral colors would be most appropriate. I baked 3 tiers of cake in 9 in square pans and iced the cake and in between each layer with frosting slightly tinted with a small amount of green food gel. I rolled out gumpaste (an edible clay) thinly and used a cutter to cut several polka dots to decorate the present. Then, I fashioned the bow out of gumpaste tinted with yellow food gel.
 Cutting the cake together....! Boy or girl.?! Boy or girl.?!?

 :)
 Yayyy..!!!! Their sweet little boy will soon have a baby sister.!
This was my first try with polka dots in a came. It's pretty simple to do. I baked several pink and purple 'dots' in a mini cupcake tin. Once they cooled, I used a small round cookie cutter to make each dot a perfect circle. Then I alternated the pink and purple in circles in the greased cake pans. Do not lay the circles flat, but standing up instead so that they will be polka dots when you cut into the cake. Then, carefully fill up the pans with batter. Next time, I will definitely be adding more polka dots so don't be afraid to add plenty!

No comments:

Post a Comment