Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Graduation Cap Cakepops


I had to make something creative for my collective graduation party, so here they are- graduation cap cakepops.! I graduated from James Madison University, so of course they had to be purple and yellow :) First things first, to make these cakepops, bake a cake. Let it cool, then crumble it. Add 3/4 a can of icing, mix well, and form into small spheres. Place these in the freezer for a few minutes until at least slightly firm. In the meantime, I used medium sized cake molds for the bottom half of the cakepops. I melted purple vanilla white chocolate melts in the microwave (30 seconds at a time and then stir and repeat until melted) and used that chocolate to coat the outside of the mold. Let that chocolate set (I put them in the freezer a few minutes) then fill the chocolate coated mold with a sphere of cake. Cover with more melted chocolate so the mold is full but still flat. Insert the cakepop stick about 3/4 of the way in. Make sure the pops are set completely before removing. To make the top of my caps, I used graham cracker squares covered with the same melted purple chocolate melts, then used more melted chocolate to attach a yellow reese's pieces and a fragment of yellow twizzler as the tassle.! When everything is completely dry, simply attach the top to the bottom with a bit more melted chocolate.

No comments:

Post a Comment