Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Italian Cake



Ho fatto questa torta per la mia classe di italiano al fin d'anno! l'ultima fotografia é di me, i miei compagni di classe, e la mia professoressa. La mia professoressa é portando la torta d'Italia. Io sono a destra.
In inglese allora.!

I made this cake of Italy with Italian phrases and words for my Italian class at the end of the year! This picture is of me, my classmates, and my professor. I graduated college (!) and so did a few of my classmates too, so having a cake break in the middle of finals was extra fun. To make Italy, I simply baked a vanilla cake from scratch in a 9x13 in. pan. After the cake had cooled, I carved out the boot shape of Italy with a knife, and Sardegna & Sicilia as well.! Then I made icing and dyed some green and some red. I first iced the white middle of each piece of cake, and then used green icing on the left and red on the right to emulate the Italian flag. To finish the cake, I dyed some of the leftover icing black and wrote Italian phrases and words in cursive: best wishes, congratulations, good luck, friendship, see you later, dream, etc. Everyone loved it! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment