Sunday, March 24, 2013

Lamb Cakepops

 It was recently my friend's birthday, and she has an affinity for lambs and lamb..paraphernalia.?..Well..lamb-themed things anyways, so I surprised her with some FUNFETTI lamb cakepops.! :D And also it's almost Easter, so sure, that too. The look sorta lamby...for cakepops anyways. I didn't really like any of the lamb ideas I found online, so...I did this instead.! First, make your FUNFETTI cake....(then let cool, crumble up and mix with 3/4 a container of icing, and shape into balls. Keep in the freezer whilst decorating. I only take out 2 or 3 at a time lest they thaw too much. Easier to work with.) and all of that.
 I dipped the end of the sticks in melted white chocolate candy melts, attached a soon-to-be lamb, and then covered lamb with said melted white chocolate candy melts. I quickly (quickly quickly) sprinkled sugar pearls (crunchy pearls of sugar..that look like pearls) around each lamb before the candy melts set, leaving his face sugar pearl free. I then attached black sprinkle eyes, and a pink sprinkle (or heart, depending on the breed of sheep) nose, and chocolate jimmies for the little legs. For the ears, I cut miniature marshmallows in half and shaped each a bit to resemble a tear drop..and a lamb ear. :)
 My little cousins wanted custom bunny cakepops instead..I thought that my sheep looked a bit bunny-like anyways...stereotypically spring time animal androgynous if you will...! So with a few minor adjustments, I also created a couple of lamb-like looking bunnies. I simply added chocolate jimmies for whiskers, and flipped the ears so they were standing up and voila.!
 They were excited, I swear.
Packaged happy lamb cakepops.! Yay.!

No comments:

Post a Comment