Saturday, November 15, 2014

Minion Cake with Cupcake

 I've always wanted to make this cake, and I knew that it would be perfect for my best friend Smink's birthday.! Even better- it's a pumpkin cake.! :D First, I mixed up the batter and baked one cupcake. Then, I baked three small 6 in round cakes with the leftover batter to form the minion body. After everything had cooled, I stacked the three small cakes on top of each other with a thin layer of icing between each layer. I chose the cake with the most pronounced dome for the top of his head, and slightly flattened out the two bottom layer cakes.
I iced the cupcake first, topping it with colorful candy coated pieces. Then, I iced the top 2/3 of the cake with yellow frosting, and the bottom 1/3 with blue for the minion's overalls. I rolled out a small amount of fondant flat and cut it out to make the eyeball. I used a small amount of dark brown fondant to form a pupil, to wrap around his head, to form overall buttons, and to cover toothpicks with to make hair. I piped out overall straps, and then formed arms and gloves using fondant. Turned out adorable.! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment