Sunday, November 9, 2014

Pancake Cake

Pancake Cake...!!!! Yay.!! :D I wanted to make another food themed cake for my good friends' collective birthdays- last year I made them a sweet cheeseburger cake. So I thought, who doesn't love pancakes.?! To make this stack of pancakes, first I baked two 9 in rounds of cake and let them cool. I stacked them on top of each other and covered them with a thin layer of icing. I used a rolling pin to flatten a large circle of cinnamon roll flavored fondant (I don't care for the taste of fondant, and prefer not to use it generally speaking, but this stuff was GOOD), and draped it on the top of the cake. Then, I cut long thin strips of fondant to circle around the cake to create a layered pancake effect. I watered down a small amount of brown food gel with in a cup, and used a paint brush to paint the surface of the pancakes. I also rubbed a paper towel over the surface to create a realistic look. I slightly flattened out three yellow starburst candies to use as pats of butter. I finished the cake up with a squirt of whipped cream, a cinnamon dusting, and a healthy dosing of butterscotch syrup.! Yum.!

No comments:

Post a Comment