Thursday, October 19, 2017

Ginger Cat Cake 😻

Erin told me she that cats and Gingers are her favorites, so for her birthday I made her a Ginger Cat Cake.! 😻🎂
I used Rice Krispy treats to form the ears, paws, and tail. Cinnamon buttercream icing is in between each six-in round of pumpkin cake. I used wooden dowels to stabilize the cake.
I used a triple star icing tip to pipe the "fur" on. I striped orange food gel on the sides of my piping bag and added orange food gel to my icing in varying amounts to create a marbled, orange tabby effect. Then, I used gumpaste (an edible clay-like substance that dries harder than fondant, and is used to add detail rather than cover a cake) to mold the eyes, nose, whiskers, and other small details.
Erin loved her cake! She dressed appropriately for the occasion, wearing a cat-lounging bookshelf dress 😻📚, and promptly named him Ed Sheeran .!

No comments:

Post a Comment