Friday, December 8, 2017

Turkey Cookies II

I've really been slipping on my cake making...but I have been so busy with grad school and multiple jobs, and my current kitchen is tiny with a questionable oven...so I've been opting for creating cookies lately. I love to think of crafty, fun activities to do with my nephew- I usually enjoy them for much longer than his attention span 😄 This Thanksgiving it was turkey cookies for us!


 We made peanut butter cookies for the base of the cookie, let them cool completely, and then attached a snack-size reese's onto each with a tiny bit of icing. I made homemade royal icing so that the feathers, gobbler, feet, and beak would all dry completely. We used food gel to tint the icing different fall colors, and just to make it all super easy, I put each color in a separate piping bag. We opted to use pre-made edible candy eyeballs because they're fun and quick, and gave the turkeys a slightly crazed, adorable expression akin to googly eyes.

No comments:

Post a Comment