Friday, March 30, 2012

Abbey Road Cake

Yes. I made my own birthday cake. I don't care what anyone says though and don't want your pity because I wanted to make my own birthday cake, and think I made a pretty amazing one myself.! I found the Beatles font online (Bootle) and made a color flow Happy Birthday message in black and purple. My favorite color combination is aqua and black, and I used purple as an accent to border everything. I looked up a picture of the Abbey Road crossing and drew it, then traced for forever with color flow icing- it was so worth it though.! As you can see, I also made a template for George's trademark Gretsch guitar. I wanted something else to balance out the sides of the cake, and further implement the purple, aqua and black, so I made a quick swoosh of a treble clef and musical notes with leftover color flow icing.

No comments:

Post a Comment