Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Bat Cakepops




I just couldn't be done with Halloween themed cute things already so early in the season.! ...So I had to make purple cinnamon vampire bat cakepops of course.!  To make these cute little bats, I popped the already made cakepops (I used a yellow cake & white icing and added lots of cinnamon, allspice & nutmeg. Let the cake cool, crumble with 3/4 a can of icing, then form into balls) into the freezer whilst I piped bat wings onto wax paper out of melted purple candy melts. I recommend only taking one or two cakepops out of the freezer at a time, because they soften quickly, and they're much easier to work with when they're still firm. To make a bat, dip the end of a candy stick into the melted purple candy melts, and then into the middle of a cakepop. I then pinched the head to form little bat-like ears, and covered the cakepop with purple candy melts. Since I had piped the wings earlier and they were solidified, they were ready to attach, so I poked them in on either side before the chocolate around the cakepop had a chance to solidify. After letting the bats sit a minute or two, I then piped on eyes, mouth, and vampire teeth :) I think they turned out adorable.! Happy Halloween everybody.! :D 

No comments:

Post a Comment