Monday, October 8, 2012

Irish Guinness Cupcakes with Bailey's Icing

I made these irish themed cupcakes for my friend Katherine's birthday.! :) Guinness cupcakes with Bailey's icing, light green sprinkles, and chocolate four leaf clovers and trinity knots. YUM. I found basic recipes online, but wasn't sure how they would turn out. The recipe I used called for a cup of Guinness, but I just poured in the whole bottle...similarly, the icing called for only 2 TBSP of Bailey's, plus milk to reach the desired consistency...I just decided to use only Bailey's. I have to say, they turned out tasting exactly like Guinness in cupcake form..which is what I was going for, so I'd say a success.! For the icing, I combined some powdered sugar, a bit of green food gel, and enough Bailey's to reach the perfect shade/taste of Bailey's soaked Old Greg hair. YES. it was pretty delicious. :) To top these, I sprinkled on some light green sprinkles, then free handed the decorations using colored chocolate melts.

No comments:

Post a Comment