Sunday, April 28, 2013

Betty Boop Cake



My Mom loves Betty Boop...and carrot cake...so this is what I created to surprise her for her birthday.! First I found the image that I wanted to recreate using colorflow icing, and then decorated the rest with a little creativity, making use of the random decorating materials that I happened to have. In keeping with the Betty Boop heart theme, I baked the carrot cake in a heart shaped pan. I iced the cake with fresh cream cheese icing, covered the sides with walnuts, and then piped a light teal border around the cake to contrast all of the red, white, and black. After carefully placing the fragile Betty Boop colorflow decoration in the center, I didn't have a set plan of action. I felt like it'd be a good idea to make a giant black swoosh using gel down the entire left side of the cake...so I went with it.! I made random designs with the black gel and teal icing, and used sugar pearls and red heart shaped sprinkles as accents.

No comments:

Post a Comment