Monday, April 15, 2013

Cockatiel Cakepops

 For my friend Olivia's birthday, I decided to make something different...and came up with cockatiel cakepops.! My reasoning being that her beloved pet cockatiel (Elvis), would serve as my creative, randomized inspiration.
 These cakepops didn't photograph too well- I swear they were cuter in person.! I shaped the cakepop into a cockatiel-like shape, attached the stick, dipped in melted white chocolate candy melts, and then just the head in melted yellow candy melts. I used pumpkin sprinkles for feet, two round sprinkles for eyes, added extra melted white chocolate using a toothpick to draw wings, and used an edible marker to draw red cheeks.
Olivia loved her cockatiel cakepops.! I tried to get a pic of Elvis with a cakepop, but the best part of it all was that Elvis was terrified of his cakepop brethren.! He kept flying away :/

No comments:

Post a Comment