Monday, April 15, 2013

Jasmine Disney Cupcakes


These cupcakes I made for work- the assignment being to pick a Disney princess and embody them in a very simple manner. I picked Jasmine, and so decided to use rich, vibrant, contrasting colors and lots of shimmer dust rather than more complex elements. I used a half moon shaped cutter on rolled out gold fondant to make the basic lamp shape, and then stretched, molded, and exacto-ed them more..exactly. :) I also used a small star cutter and then pinched the edges to form the magenta and blue stars. I cut out orange circles of fondant and then "glued" on black (tiger) stripes of fondant using a bit of water. I also heard an interpretation viewing them more conceptually as an orange, arabic sky. Good stuff either way. Let all those fondant pieces harden. I dusted the lamps and stars with their respective shades of shimmer dust, and set them atop cupcakes frosted with dark purple icing piped using a star tip and covered in purple glitter. Then I made a light shade of "Jasmine" turquoise that I piped using a round tip. Jasmine Cupcakes. Easy.

No comments:

Post a Comment