Sunday, January 12, 2014

Breaking Bad Cake

 My boyfriend and I have watched a lot of Breaking Bad together, so I thought it'd be fun to create a Breaking Bad themed cake for his birthday.! For those of you who haven't watched the show...get on that. It's good stuff. Anyways, this is the finished product I came up with.
 First, I made a silhouette of Walter White & Jesse Pinkman from Breaking Bad by rolling out black gumpaste, (an edible sugary clay) and cutting all the details with a super sharp knife. Rather than trying to capture all of the precise facial details of each character, I opted to choose a more artsy approach to represent the main characters.
 I iced the cake in a light blue- the premise of the show surrounds the manufacturing and distribution of a particularly pure, intense meth that happens to also be unique in that it's blue. Then I placed the gumpaste silhouettes on the top of the cake after surrounding the sides with two shades of blue rock candy that I crushed up. Then I piped white icing as a border around the bottom of the cake, and wrote Happy Birthday in the similar style used in the show (with letters boxed similar to on the periodic table).
Yay.! This is me and my boyfriend.! and the cake.! Hooray. Cute. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment