Thursday, January 9, 2014

Redskins Logo Cake

 My work bff Jerell, asked for a Redskins cake for his birthday- this is what I made.!
 I iced everything maroon first, then placed the logo in the center of the cake. Then I piped a loopy golden border around the edge of the cake and wrote on the front as well. To create the logo, I used gumpaste, which is an edible clay-like substance. I first rolled out white gumpaste and used a circle cutter to create that, and then did the same thing with yellow gumpaste and a slightly smaller circle to create the border. Then I fashioned the feathers out of gumpaste using molding tools and a rolling cutter to draw out a feather shape. I similarly cut out and fashioned the chief using different colored gumpaste and a lot of patience. To stick everything together, simply use a bit of water and the gumpaste will dry together. I put some yellow food gel in a cup of water and then painted it on the edge of the feathers to achieve a faded yellow look. Voila.!
Rell and Tanesha's birthdays were two days apart so we had a collaborative work birthday partayyyy.! Fun stuff :)

No comments:

Post a Comment