Thursday, May 14, 2015

Barbie Dress Cake

My friend asked if I would make a cake for her daughter's birthday. I thought it would be fun to try an old school Barbie dress cake, and this is what I came up with.!



First I baked one cake in a 9 in round pan and one in the bottom of a glass oven proof pyrex bowl. After everything cooled, I iced the bottom cake and most of the skirt (the domed cake upside down that was baked in the bowl) with pink icing. Then I stuck the Barbie in the middle of the cake. I piped a bodice with hot pink icing and added extra details like pink sanding sugar and edible pearls all over the dress. To make the white ruffles in the center of the dress, I piped a simple shell design that I then covered by overlaying it with the draping ruffled design.

No comments:

Post a Comment