Saturday, May 2, 2015

Basketball Jersey Cake

I surprised my friend Brie with this cake for her birthday- she absolutely loved it.! She's a basketball star and told me that her favorite colors are yellow and red. Her jersey number is 24 and she's also turning 24 so that worked out perfectly.! All I had to add was her nickname to the back of the cake and it was finished. To make the cake, first I baked a cake in a 9x13 pan (for the jersey) and also in a glass oven proof Pyrex bowl (for the basketball). You will probably have to drop the temperature of the oven for the basketball portion since it is a much thicker cake, it will take longer to bake but you don't want it to get too brown. I literally just took a knife to cut out the jersey shape in the larger cake and an arc for the basketball to fit in. Then I simply iced everything and piped on extra details.!

No comments:

Post a Comment