Friday, February 5, 2016

Melted Snowman Cake

Here's my ode to global warming in cake form.! I thought that it'd be fun to make a melted snowman cake, so here it is.! First, I bordered the cake with mini marshmallows attached with a small dollop of icing. I made buttercream icing and piped a snowman puddle on the top of the cake, with a buildup of icing for the head. I used mini chocolate chips for the eyes and snowman smile. I used a bit of orange food gel on the end of a toothpick to draw a carrot nose. I used an oreo as the snowman's top hat, piped red icing around the 'band of the hat', and accented it with snowflake sprinkles. I drew snowmen arms with a toothpick dipped in brown food gel, and added blue flower sprinkle buttons. I doused the snowman with some clear sugar, and accented around the snowman with some blue sugar. Then, I piped different snowflake shapes in aqua and dark blue all around the cake. Lastly, I added edible sugar pearls and more snowflake sprinkles to complete the cake.!

No comments:

Post a Comment