Thursday, November 22, 2012

Star Wars Cake 2


I got a request for another Star Wars cake- and this is what I came up with.! I've had Star Wars cookie cutters for awhile now and decided to use them with rolled out gumpaste to decorate the sides of my cake.! I also cut out various sized white gumpaste stars to create a starry background along with silver star sprinkles I happened to have. To emphasize the lines and features of each character, I brushsed some confectioners sugar on Darth Vader, some cocoa powder on Yoda, and piped the black icing on the Storm Trooper. For a different surprise, I added several crushed up oreos in the middle of the cake over a layer of buttercream- hoping it's as delicious as it looks. To be such a simple cake, I'm super happy with how it turned out.!

No comments:

Post a Comment