Saturday, December 1, 2012

Reindeer & Gingerbread Men Cakepops



Merry Christmas everybody.!!! :D Since each batch of cakepops makes sooooo many cakepops..I decided to make both reindeer AND gingerbread men gingerbread cakepops.! For cakepops, I generally use a cake mix and tub of icing (I know, I know O_o)..everything else I make pretty much ever is completely homemade..because it tastes better..and is better..but for cakepops, you know you'll always end up with the right consistency & texture if you use a boxed cake mix and 3/4 a tub of icing. Your call. Anyways..to make my gingerbread cakepops, I started with a yellow cake mix, but added yummy things like molasses, ginger, pumpkin/apple pie spice, and cinnamon. I also added a bit of cinnamon and ginger to the vanilla icing I used. For the reindeer, I first formed their antlers out of brown gumpaste which I left out to dry. I then took the previously formed cakepop balls out of the freezer a few at a time (the more solidified they are, the easier they are to work with), and formed a reindeer head shape..with little ears on the side. I then dipped each reindeer in dark chocolate candy coating, and then quickly added the antlers, black chocolate pieces for the eyes, and a red chocolate piece for the nose.! For the gingerbread men, I molded vague gingerbread like shapes which I then stuck back into the freezer for a few extra minutes. After dipping each in the same dark chocolate candy coating, I used various sprinkles (snowflake and christmas tree shaped.!!) for buttons and piped on extra detail with white chocolate candy coating.!

No comments:

Post a Comment