Sunday, December 16, 2012

Cranberrry Chai Cupcakes


Okay, so I didn't make up this recipe..but I did find it & thought it would be delicious- and it SO WAS.! ... & a perfect excuse to make your own blend of chai with this yummy wintery cupcake. First I piped white candy melts into snowflake shapes on a baking sheet covered with wax paper, and sprinkled with white nonpareil sprinkles to better emulate snowflakes.! After setting that aside, I used a coffee grinder to grind 1 teaspoon fennel seeds, and then mixed them in a bowl with 1 teaspoon ground cloves, 2 teaspoons ground cardamom, 1 teaspoon ground ginger, and a pinch of freshly ground black pepper= your chai spice seasoning.! wonderful. The cupcakes themselves are flavored with a tablespoon of freshly made chai seasoning and 3/4 a cup of chopped up fresh cranberries.! For the cream cheese icing I also added 2 teaspoons of the chai seasoning. YUM :)

No comments:

Post a Comment