Sunday, December 9, 2012

Snoopy Giant Cookie


This may be one of my favorite things I've made- what's not to love.?! I realize that this isn't technically a cake..or a cake at all. GET OVER IT. :) I thought a cake was a bit much to make for one person but wanted to make something special for my best friend Smink's birthday..so I thought a giant cookie would be a fun surprise...but a giant PUMPKIN cookie would be EVEN BETTER.!! ..especially if it was Snoopy themed.! Thus, this is what I ended up with..although you don't realize how gigantic a cookie this really is until you make it. I found this basic recipe: (http://www.cookiemadness.net/2008/08/mm-chocolate-chip-cookie-cake/)   & then tweaked it a bit by adding a cup of pumpkin, using only brown sugar, adding pecans and a LOT of pumpkin pie spice and cinnamon, & omitting the M&Ms.! I created the Snoopy and Woodstock figures a few days before with colorflow icing that I then let dry completely. For icing, I combined butter, powdered sugar, vanilla, cinnamon & a bit of milk to reach the correct consistency. Notice the Woodstocks' festive celebratory purple bowties- they're my favorite :)

No comments:

Post a Comment