Sunday, December 16, 2012

Santa Hat & Christmas Tree Cakepops




Oooooo..!!! Merry Christmas some more everybody.!!! Hadta make more cakepops. Obviously. Tis the season and all...so this time, I made peppermint fudge cakepops...in the shape of santa hats..and christmas trees...respectfully. First, I mixed up a chocolate cake mix but added an additional egg, a package of instant white chocolate pudding and pie filling mix (a 4-serving size box), and 1 1/2 teaspoons peppermint extract. BAKE. Then when the cake has cooled, crumble it up and mix with 3/4 a tub of vanilla icing (I added some peppermint extract to that too.!) & form balls of cake..THEN FREEZE THEM. or that's what I do at least. When you're ready to decorate..! I recommend only working with 2 or 3 at a time- leave the rest in the freezer, because they are easier to work with when they are more frozen..and solid...frozen solid some might say. For the Santa Hat, I decided to use yogurt covered cranberries for the ball of the hat. Once I opened the bag, I realized that the cranberries were kinda gross looking, so I dipped them in white candy melts first to fully cover all the cranberry..ness.. Meanwhile, I shaped the balls of cake into more hat-like, cone shapes, and also dipped the base of each hat in the white coating.. and inserted a stick into each..to make them cakepops. I then covered the rest of each cakepop with melted red candy coating, and stuck a cranberry on the top of each. EASY. (As cakepops are drying between stages of decorating, stick them in foam  blocks. It just makes your life easier) For the Christmas Tree Cakepops, similarly form each cake ball into a cone shape, but more like a christmas tree than a hat this time. After sticking each onto a stick...dip into melted green candy coating...and decorate however you like to appear christmastree-esque.! Since I already had star sprinkles, I topped each of my trees with a star sprinkle, and then used a variety of other sprinkles to make unique, beautiful Christmas Tree cakepops. GO WILD.!!! ...& Happy Holidays n stuff :) enjoy.!

No comments:

Post a Comment