Wednesday, March 2, 2016

Lightning McQueen Cake

 My nephew requested a Lightning McQueen cake for his 4th birthday, so this is how it turned out.! First, I baked three 9x13 cakes. I iced in between the layers, and broke up the third cake to form the bumpers, fender, and cab of the car.
 To make the tires, I rolled out a thin strip of black tinted gumpaste which I wrapped around two oreos. I used a circle cutter to cut red gumpaste to fill in each tire.
 I had previously used a hot glue gun to attach a black and white foam "road" to a cardboard cake board. I finished the road off with a fresh dusting of cocoa powder "dust." I used gumpaste, different color food gels and shimmer dust to form the eyes, lights, etc. Lastly, I piped yellow and orange lightning bolts on the sides of the car and additional black detailing and windows.
 Here's my little buggie boo (in the spongebob shirt) with his friend from school. He had a blast.! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment