Monday, March 14, 2016

Yellow Blossoms Rustic Wedding Cake

I was privileged to be able to create this unique, rustic wedding cake for my friend's younger brother.! The couple was actually married out of state in December, but they had a gorgeous celebration of their new marriage with family and friends at a local winery this weekend. I was given simple generalized ideas with a lot of creative leeway, which always equals an extra enjoyable experience..!
First, I baked the cakes that I would use- (2) 10 in rounds and (2) 6 in rounds of delicious white chocolate cake. I also prepared a batch of strawberry filling that was so simple and yummy that I think I could eat it over just about anything. On the creative side of things, I used a small blossom cutter to cut out several, severalll little gumpaste (basially an edible clay) blossoms in varying shades of golden yellow and white. I used tools to lightly shape the blossoms, brushed yellow shimmer dust on each one, and added a pearl stamen to all of the flowers. Then, I formed a few white gumpaste roses that were edged with the yellow shimmer dust as well. After icing the cakes with white chocolate buttercream, I added edible pearl accents around both layers, and piped beading around the top of the cake. Then, I scattered the blossoms over the top of the cake, surrounding their beautiful silhouette cake topper.
The venue and decorations were absolutely gorgeous.! Before the ceremony, I assembled the cake and finished everything off with additional piping and flowers.!

The photographer captured this awesome picture of me finishing up the wedding cake.! I love it.! Photo credit to: photosbysjr.com

No comments:

Post a Comment