Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Hannah's Spongebob Cake

I'm proud of this one.! I actually ended up scaling it back a bit from my original overambitious plans. Hannah-bee loves Spongebob, and I think I successfully made an impressive good looking fun Spongebob cake for her birthday! (The cake itself is chocolate oreo by the way!) All of the Spongebob characters are handcrafted with colored gumpaste. I used edible markers for them as well. I attached each jellyfish to a toothpick in order to give the appearance that they were swimming/floating. I used a mixture of ground up graham cracker crumbs and brown sugar to create the sand which served as the foundation of the cake. The pineapple is made of rice krispy treats with gumpaste adornments and piped icing sectioning. I bought a real pineapple and attached that topper to my rice krispy version.

No comments:

Post a Comment