Sunday, April 1, 2012

Pool ball Cupcakes


Granted cupcakes aren't strictly "cakes," but they're basically multiple mini versions of cake which automatically make them more adorable.! I found this basic idea in a cupcake book-it was very simple and turned out well! After icing all the cupcakes, and sprinkling half of them with their respective colored sugar, I used wax paper to form straight lines for the striped pool balls and then sprinkled the exposed line of icing with colored sugar. I made the maroon sugar myself with a tiny bit of burgundy gel. I took white chocolate wafers, turned them upside down, and placed one in the middle of each pool ball (besides the cue ball of course!) and then piped on the correct number for each ball with black gel icing. I thought it would be neat to present the cupcakes in the triangle billiard rack from my pool table. I also found cheap sheets of green felt material at Michael's to set the cupcakes on as if they were actually on a pool table.

No comments:

Post a Comment