Monday, April 9, 2012

New Zealand Camera Cake

I made this cake for my friend James' birthday.! I was given a lot of creative control, (just told to do something with photography) and so this is what I came up with. Me and my random mind. James likes photography and recently traveled to New Zealand- so I immediately thought about replicating a DSLR and making New Zealand themed 'photographs'. For some reason I also wanted to make a green cake with white stripes...so I did. I looked at my DSLR and molded one out of rice krispy treats covered in black gumpaste. I sprayed on some cooking spray for extra shine, and piped out 'James' rather than Nikon. :P For the 'photographs' I cut out rectangles of white gumpaste, and then free hand painted the images with colored food gel.

No comments:

Post a Comment