Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Snoopy Sgt Pepper Cake


AHHH I LOVE this cake.! Snoopy AND Sgt Pepper?!?!??! Snoopy characters with mustaches as the Beatles as Sgt Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band?!?!?! :) Wonderful. I made this cake at the end of the summer as a thank you for my cousins for letting me stay with them. On top of the awesomeness of the outside of the cake- the INSIDE was pretty sweet as well! My aunt had actually just given me an article that talked about making tie-dye cake..and what better cake to try it on?! Even though the cake looks obnoxiously brightly colored, you couldn't taste the dye at all because I used food gel. What you have to do is separate out descending amounts of batter starting with purple, then blue, green, yellow, orange, and red. (**red batter has the least amount) Then, you simply layer the batters split between the two circular pans, starting with purple on the bottom. Make sure to spread each color out as fully as possible before adding the next color. I baked this cake for a longer time at a lower temperature with an aluminum foil tint to prevent browning or color mixing. If you'd like the colors to line up like mine, turn one of the cakes upside down.

No comments:

Post a Comment